Jameson Script Competition
JAMESON TOGETHER WITH HAAPSALU HORROR AND FANTASY FILM FESTIVAL ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:
A PRETTY SWEET DEAL
Haapsalu Horror and Fantasy Film Festival (HOFF) together with Jameson is organizing a short film contest Jameson First Shot Competition. The competition is based on the idea of having a strong script first.
The contest will give the filmmakers an opportunity to develop their script, get it read by industry professionals in the Jury, which will select the winning script. The team of the winning script will receive 3000 EUR to make the film.
Additionally, to really learn how to develop the script and how to make the film, the filmmakers can take part of the professional script developing workshops in Haapsalu and Tallinn, the 5 finalists are given access to the international short film festival Sleepwalkers and the everyone competition are supervised to take part of different workshops and events throughout the year.
Here it is how it works:
1. All participants have to be over 18 years old.
2. Every filmmaker out there, professional or non-professional, interested in genre film has to send in a short film script that does not exceed the lenght of 15 pages by 15th of August, 2014.
3. The pre-selection committee announces 5 finalists in the end of September, 2014. The finalists will receive Sleepwalkers festival badges to see short films.
4. Out of these scripts, the Jury (consisting of 3 members of the professional film industry in Estonia) will select the final winner, who is announced in October, 2014.
5. The winner receives 3000EUR. The winner is obliged to keep an on-line diary – in the format of text and photos, of the general process that follows after winning. Simply put – we want to see how you make your film and keep the thumbs up!
6. The film must be ready by 1st of April, 2015.
That film premieres in the 10th edition of Haapsalu Horror and Fantasy Film Festival, end of April, 2015. Its key-crew attending the festival as guests!
Rules and regulations:
1. Submitted scripts must be original screenplays, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
2. The final scripts given in must not exceed the length of 15 pages.
3. The films that qualify for the Jameson First Shot competition must be 15 minutes of length, titles included.
4. The films must be genre films - horror, fantasy or sci-fi.
5. The picture technique can be live action or animation.
6. The winner will be bid by contract between both parties - Haapsalu Horror and Fantasy Film Festival and the makers to give in the film in time. In case this is not possible, the makers are enclosed to a deal of retrieving the money.
7. Jameson and HOFF logos must be included in the beginning title of the film.
8. The winner receives a supporting timetable with listed events and should be able to take part of the organized happenings.
9. Jameson and HOFF logos must be included in the on-line diary platform in a visible place.
10. All ages are eligible.
11. All entries must be in Estonian.
12. The ideas must be given in by teams consisting of an author (director or a scriptwriter) and producer.
13. There is no limit to how many ideas you may submit.
14. Competition judges, readers and employees of the Jameson First Shot Competition past and present and their families, are not eligible to enter.
15. Screenplays, including outlines, treatments, pitches, loglines or any developmental material related to screenplay, that have previously won any contest, competition, grant, lab, fellowship, mentorship, reading or award of any kind, are not eligible.
16. All entries must be uploaded in PDF format.
17. The Jury consists of three members.
18. The festival has the right to make changes in the rules and regulations, including dates, but we`ll make sure that every change is also communicated.
So, I kind of did not read all the first part and scrolled down, what about the contest again?
Jameson and Haapsalu Horror and Fantasy Film festival are hosting a short film competition. Filmmakers in profession or in their hearts have to give in scripts. The winning script that will be selected by a jury consisting of a producer, scriptwriter and director, giving the insight from important sides of filmmaking. The winner will gain 3000 EUR to make a 15 minute length genre film to be premiered in the upcoming edition of the Haapsalu Horror and Fantasy Film Festival. The good part is that the 5 selected finalists are entitled to see films at Sleepwalkers, learn skills in developing their script (various script workshops, film related events throughout the time) and the best of it all - make an awesome genre short.
So, thats it. All you genre fans, writers who have hidden their next level lines in their drawers, those who always wanted to make a film, but there was work and grandmother's birthday (which is important too!) and something third... well, this is your chance. If you are Estonian or foreigner living in Estonia, film student in BFM, send us your script in Estonian to firstname.lastname@example.org, naming the e-mail with the title of your film.
Yup, it is a pretty sweet deal.